Centro de Medios
Explore the latest news and press releases from Alternative Airlines, access resources and download the Alternative Airlines media pack.
24 agosto 2023
ALTERNATIVE AIRLINES PARTNERS WITH TWISTO
Alternative Airlines is excited to announce the launch of Twisto as a new payment option on its global flight booking site. This partnership will provide travellers in Poland and Czech Republic with greater flexibility and convenience when booking flights. By selecting Twisto at checkout, customers can now split the cost of their flights into three equal payments.
22 agosto 2023
ALTERNATIVE AIRLINES LAUNCHES PAY BY BANK WITH LINK
Link Financial Technologies, a US-based open banking payment platform, and Alternative Airlines, a global flight booking platform, today announced that they have joined forces to offer US customers a seamless open banking payment experience.
26 julio 2023
ALTERNATIVE AIRLINES LAUNCHES BRAND REFRESH
Alternative Airlines, the global flight booking site, has unveiled its new visual identity, marking a significant milestone in the company's growth and commitment to delivering an industry-leading and customer-centric flight booking experience. The refreshed brand identity aligns with Alternative Airlines' renewed vision, purpose, and values, reinforcing its position as the preferred choice for flight bookings worldwide.
20 julio 2023
ALTERNATIVE AIRLINES NAMED A BEST UK WORKPLACE FOR WOMEN
The 2023 UK’s Best Workplaces™ for Women list was today published by Great Place to Work® UK, recognising Alternative Airlines among its ranked organisations. Fostering a supportive and inclusive workplace culture, where every voice is heard and respected, is just one of the reasons why employees at Alternative Airlines believe that the company is a great place to work.
27 abril 2023
ALTERNATIVE AIRLINES NAMED AS A UK BEST WORKPLACE
Alternative Airlines has been recognised as one of the UK’s Best Workplaces™ (2023) today by Great Place to Work®, the global authority on workplace culture. Alternative Airlines’ dedication to employee wellness, employee progression and development, and encouraging a supporting workplace culture are just a few reasons why the company ranked 63rd in the Medium Sized category.
03 marzo 2023
ALTERNATIVE AIRLINES LAUNCHES LOW COST CARRIER GROWTH STRATEGY WITH ATLAS
Recognising that low-cost is the fastest growing airline category, European-based agency Alternative Airlines today announces how they intend to accelerate growth into other regions through their collaboration with Atlas – the next-generation enabler of global low-cost carrier (LCC) content.
21 febrero 2023
ALTERNATIVE AIRLINES NAMED AS A TOP COMPANY FOR WELLBEING
Alternative Airlines has officially been named one of the UK’s Best Workplaces™ for Wellbeing (2023) by Great Place to Work®, the global authority on workplace culture.
06 febrero 2023
ALTERNATIVE AIRLINES LAUNCHES VIRTUAL INTERLINING WITH TRIPSTACK
Alternative Airlines and Tripstack are proud to announce a new collaboration, to distribute TripStack’s Virtual Interline (VI) product via the alternativeairlines.com website. Through this technology, Alternative Airlines will have access to better fares and more airline options.
- The idea: In a bar in Russia, two friends from the Charter Broking industry were having a chat about small airlines that fly to lesser-known regions. A few drinks in, they came to the realisation that no one was offering these airlines as alternative flight options online!
- Alternative Airlines was born: Once back in the UK, the two friends set out to build a fast, easy and convenient online booking platform with a goal to offer every single airline in the world. They would name it ‘Alternative Airlines’.
- The AA team: By combining a team of fantastic minds, Alternative Airlines continued to develop its flight booking platform and offer excellent customer service.
- Caffè latte for everyone: Alternative Airlines welcomed its very first coffee machine to the office — essential to fuel all the hard work that the team was putting in!
- 100 airlines: Alternative Airlines celebrated the milestone of 100 airlines available on its website! But, even with airlines covering all parts of the world, there was still plenty more to do…
- PayPal: With the introduction of PayPal on the website, customers were given a simple, safe and secure way to pay for their flights.
- Nando’s Friday:Alternative Airlines began the tradition of ordering in an office lunch from their favourite flame-grilled peri-peri styled chicken restaurant on the last Friday of every month.
- More payment methods: An influx of international payment methods was added to the website, including mobile payments and financing options.
- More currencies too: By giving the choice to view flight prices and pay in nearly every currency in the world, Alternative Airlines took a huge step in expanding its global reach.
- A new platform with 500 airlines: Alternative Airlines launched its new and improved website, with a personalised booking experience and 500 airlines on offer.
- A bigger office: After doubling the team in the space of a year, Alternative Airlines had no choice but to move into a bigger, shinier and more stylish office — right at the end of the runway at Gatwick Airport!
- The world changed: Covid shocked the world and flights were grounded. But, Alternative Airlines adapted and made loads of improvements to its flight booking experience to meet the change in the way that people travel.
- Global expansion: Alternative Airlines launches new payment options to bring greater convenience and flexibility to customers globally. This includes Buy Now, Pay Later and monthly financing, as well as e-wallets and even cryptocurrency.’
- More choice: Alternative Airlines launches its own innovative technology to offer customers more flight options per route. Today, the booking site provides a full ticketing service on 600+ airlines, with over 40+ ways to pay across 160 currencies.