Cancellation Protection allows you or any member of your party to claim a full refund on your flight if it can no longer be used due to an 'emergency circumstance'.
See the full terms & conditions for a full breakdown of what is considered an emergency circumstance, as well as any exceptions.
Pay a percentage of your flight as an additional fee and protect your money in case you're unable to attend your flight due to unforeseen circumstances outside of your control.
*Cancellation Protection is administered by Refund Protect, who is a partner of Alternative Airlines. All claims should be processed directly with them*
To process a claim visit:
When am I offered Cancellation Protection?
Cancellation Protection is offered on all flights at the time of booking before you confirm your flight.
What is 'an emergency circumstance'?
With Cancellation Protection, you'll be entitled to a full refund if you can't attend your flight due to an 'emergency circumstance'.
Here's a list of circumstances that are considered an emergency circumstance by Refund Protect:
- Adverse weather
- Armed forces & emergency services recall
- Changes to examination dates
- Court summons
- Death (of you or an immediate family member)
- Government travel ban (unless due to Communicable Disease)
- Home emergency (burglary, fire, malicious damage or a flood)
- Illness/injury (to you or an immediate family member)
- Jury service
- Mechanical breakdown (within 24 hours prior to the flight)
- Pre-existing medical condition (that would ordinarily not prevent you from flying)
- Pregnancy complication
- Falla de transporte público.
- Relocated for work
- Scheduled airline failure
- Theft of ticket(s) (within 24 hours prior to the flight)